domingo, 2 de junio de 2013

Mascota Brasil 2016

Woohooo~!!
I love making mascots… actually creating characters =w=

Task: Design a mascot for the Olympic Games in Brazil 2016.
Instead of choosing an animal (the most typical thing) I decided to pick up something unique in the culture of the country, and I remembered that many years ago, when we went to Brazil, my father gave me several postcards about the gods of the Brazil. They were fantastic, all of them with they faces covered with gorgeous jelwery. The goddess of water, the god the war… of fire, the princes of war and so many others! I HAD to use that for my mascot.
I realized there was nothing such as "god of sports" between these gods, so I focused that theme. About the jelwery, it is based on the symbol of all nations. And saved its colors for the neackles. The clothes have a detail of the laurel wreath.
Basically, this guy is the flag of the olympics xD.
Oh! And because every gods had an object in their hands, this guy has the torch of the Games.

About the process, first I did a "normal" version of the character, and then I just "cartooned" it. So the chibi version is the normal version X)

I hope you like it~

Wohooo~!
Adoro hacer mascotas, o más que nada diseñar personajes.

Encargo: Diseñar una mascota para las Olimpiadas de Brasil 2016.
En lugar de un animal decidí buscar un elemento único en la cultura del país, y recordé que años atrás mi padre me regaló unas postales de los dioses brasileros. Por lo que me basé en dichos diseños para crear a mi mascota.
Me di cuenta de que no existía nada como el dios del deporte o parecido, por lo que me enfoqué con esa temática. En cuanto a la joyería, está basado en el símbolo de todas las naciones y sus colores, mientras que la ropa tiene detalles de la corona de laurel. Como todos los dioses portan un objeto, este personaje tiene la antorcha de los juegos.

En cuanto al proceso, primero hice una versión "natural" del personaje, y luego lo caricaturicé para dar el toque amigable.

Espero os guste~


Aaaand also, I took the chance to keep playing with the character xD

También me di la libertad de experimentar un poco con el personaje xD






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario